1. Gordon Lightfoot - The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald
"The ship was the pride of the American side, coming back from a mill in Wisconsin"
2. Bon Iver - Wisconsin
"That was Wisconsin that was yesterday"
3. George Jones - Milwaukee Here I Come
"Which one you want the most them Opry stars or me
Milwaukee here I come from Nashville, Tennessee....
Milwaukee is a-where we were before we came here
Workin' in a brewery making the finest beer"
4. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Around the World
“Bonafide ride, Step aside my Johnson, Yes I could, In the woods of Wisconsin”
5. The Dead Milkmen - Wisconsin
“I'm living in Wisconsin, Although I'm in PA, I'd be in Wisconsin”
6. Sponge - Neenah/Menasha
“Neenah Menasha will wait”
90's Michigan alt rockers Sponge were supposedly inspired while driving
by the Neenah/Menasha exit sign on Hwy 41.
7. Jonathan Richman - They’re not Tryin’ on the Dance Floor
“Like Sheboygan or Eau Claire, They’re just there.”
8. Johnny Mathis - In Wisconsin
An entire romantic song about the Badger State.
9. Bruce Springsteen - Cadillac Ranch